Alex Caceres vs. Seungwoo Choi is the latest addition to a UFC Fight Night event in October.
MMA Junkie verified with several people familiar with the situation on Saturday that Caceres (18-12 MMA, 13-10 UFC) and Choi (10-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) have agreed to face each other in a featherweight fall. this fall after a first ESPN report. The person requested anonymity as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
UFC Fight Night on October 23 has no venue or venue announced, but is scheduled to take place at UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Release plans were not disclosed.
Caceres, 33, is in the middle of a four-fight unbeaten streak. He shot for a top 15 opponent at 145 pounds, but “Bruce Leeroy” has always been up for taking on any comers during an octagonal tenure that dates back to his debut in March 2011.
He will face a tough test as he defeats South Korean Choi, who has won his last three UFC fights, including a vicious 97-second knockout against Julian Erosa at UFC on ESPN 25 in June.
With this addition, the UFC Fight Night lineup for October 23 now includes:
- Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
- Seungwoo Choi vs. Alex Caceres
- Randa Markos vs. Livinha Souza
- Daniel Lacerda vs. Jeff Molina
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Jun Yong Park vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- Mason Jones vs. Alan Patrick
- Dwight Grant vs. Gabe Green
- Kris Moutinho vs. Aaron Phillips
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva