Brandon Davis is back with the UFC.
After four consecutive wins on the regional stage, Davis (14-8 MMA, 2-5 UFC) will return to the promotion on October 16 after a two-year absence when he takes on Danaa Batgerel (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC ) at UFC Fight Night 195 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The fight is yet to be signed, but verbal agreements are in place and should be signed in the coming days.
Two people familiar with the match confirmed the targeted booking to MMA Junkie but requested to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
While competing at both featherweight and bantamweight in the UFC, Davis, 31, is set on a 135-pound competition going forward.
From January 2018 to September 2019, Davis fought seven times for promotion and set a 2-5 record. His victories came against Steven Peterson and Randy Costa, with his losses against Zabit Magomedsharipov, Giga Chikadze, Kyung Ho Kang, Kyle Bochniak and Enrique Barzola.
As for Batgerel, the Mongolian fighter won consecutive fights by knockout in the first round. After a unanimous decision loss to Heili Alateng, Batgerel knocked out Guido Cannetti and Kevin Natividad in 3:51 combined.
The lineup for UFC Fight Night 195 includes:
- Norma Dumont vs. Holly Holm
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe
- Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung
- Udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr
- Luana Carolina vs. Maryna Moroz
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva
- Marcelo Rojo vs. Daniel Santos
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Manon Fiorot
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Danny Roberts
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Brandon Davis