Heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou’s decision that may make UFC fans sad but thrills Tyson Fury

0

On March 21, 2021, cfu fans last enjoyed the brutality of the Cameroonian fighter Francois Ngannou. That night he knocked out both times Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and became the octagon’s new monarch. Almost a year after Ngannou made his first title defense at UFC 270 on Jan. 22, but that might not just be the start of his reign as there is a decision he may already have. taken about its future.

The predator is one of the best Pound for Pound UFC fighters these days. He holds a record of 19 fights, 16 wins and 3 losses during his mixed martial arts performance. Ngannou is undefeated since 2018, including notorious wins over former Mexican American heavyweight champions Cain Velasquez and Brazilian Junior dos Santos.

On UFC 270, Francis Ngannou clashes against the French Cyril Gane, a very tough opponent. The 31-year-old Roche native is still an undefeated fighter. After a successful introduction to Muay Thai and Kick Boxing, Gane appeared in MMA in 2018, and since then he has won all 10 fights he has held. His highlight so far is the TKO he gave to Junior dos Santos in 2020.

Francis Ngannou’s decision on his UFC future

In an interview with Complex, The predator confessed that he was not very sure to continue his path in the UFC due not only to economic problems. The Cameroonian titan has admitted he doesn’t feel valued enough even though he is one of the biggest draws in Dana Whitethe society.

It seems like it’s just about the salary, but it’s way more than they pay. That’s the contract, the terms, that’s all about that contract. For me, it’s not fair because it does not commit the UFC in any way. It’s more than the salary. But I’ll just speak for myself, yeah, I ain’t paid enough“.

Also, Francis Ngannou seems to have given up hope of getting a better contract with the UFC and would rather just focus on his current fight and after it’s over he may decide what his next step will be:Well, at this point, I really gave up hope. I just let them go and we’ll see how it goes. I’ve been hoping for so long, the past two years or more. At this point, I don’t really know. A lot of things fell apart and I don’t really know what to say. I just want to make sure that no matter what, I’ll be good.

According to Complex Ngannou’s tenure in the UFC depends on the outcome of his clash at UFC 270. If he loses, he would become a free agent, but, if he wins, he must continue with Dana White’s company for a year. or three more fights. If the last scenario comes true, the 35-year-old champion may be planning to hold on to end the link anyway.

Francis Ngannou’s nod to world heavyweight boxing champion Tyson Fury

After disillusionment with his relationship with the UFC, The predator may have considered the opportunity to play a crossover with one of the main men of boxing Nowadays, Tyson Fury, WBC world heavyweight champion. Fury and Ngannou have already exchanged heated words on social media, so a clash in a boxing ring might not be crazy to happen in the near future.

Well, if you’ve been on social media, like you said, you might know by now that yes, that’s something I’m interested in. Because even on social networks, I was in for it. I’m definitely going with not only Tyson Fury but other fighters like Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua. I’m up for those. For now, I don’t know the exact status of my situation with the UFC. But yeah, I will more than likely do something like that.“, said Ngannou again for Complex.


Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.