A promising heavyweight hunk has been booked for the UFC’s Oct. 1, 2022 Fight Night card.
The fall date will see Jairzinho Rozenstruik (12-4) take on Chris Daukaus (12-5), with both ranked heavyweights looking to get back into the win column. Suriname’s Rozenstruik announced the fight in a video posted to social media on Thursday.
Rozenstruik is currently ranked No. 9 in the UFC heavyweight division. Daukaus is one place behind him at No.10.
Both fighters will enter the fight with back-to-back losses. For Rozenstruik, he fell short against Curtis Blaydes and Alexander Volkov, going the distance with the former and being stopped via TKO to the latter.
Before that, “Bigi Boy” picked up a win over Augusto Sakai. A kickboxer before switching to MMA, Rozenstruik began his mixed martial arts career 10-0, beating stars Andrei Arlovski and Alistair Overeem before suffering his first professional loss to Francis Ngannou.
Daukaus has also lost back-to-back fights, in his case against Blaydes and Derrick Lewis. Both fights ended in TKO/KO stoppages.
The UFC’s Oct. 1, 2022 card is set to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas with the following fights announced:
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xiaonan
- Leah Letson vs. Chelsea Chandler
- Vinc Pichel vs. Jesse Ronson
- Cheyanne Vlismas vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Randy Costa vs. Guido Cannetti
- Brendan Allen vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- John Castañeda vs. Daniel Santos
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. Randy Brown
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Rani Yahya
- Raoni Barcelos vs Trevin Jones
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus