Jairzinho Rozenstruik has his first assignment of 2022.
The heavyweight was booked to fight compatriot Marcin Tybura at a UFC Fight Night event on February 26. The event is scheduled to take place at UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
The reservation was confirmed by MMA Junkie following an initial report from Marcel Dorff.
Rozenstruik (12-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) had a busy 2021 with three fights and a 1-2 record. The 33-year-old recently fought in September and lost a decision to Curtis Blaydes at UFC 266. Rozenstruik holds notable wins over Alistair Overeem and former UFC champions Andrei Arlovski and Junior Dos Santos.
Tybura (22-7 MMA, 9-6 UFC) just lost a decision to Alexander Volkov last October at UFC 267. The loss ended a five-game winning streak that included two Performance of the Night bonuses.
With this addition, the UFC February 26 card now includes:
- Beneil Dariush vs. Islam Makhachev
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Marcin Tybura
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Rong Zhu
- Hannah Goldy vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Joel Alvarez vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Victor Altamirano vs. Carlos Hernandez
- Terrance McKinney vs. Fares Ziam