A pair of lightweight prospects will be in the spotlight next month as Mateusz Gamrot and Arman Tsarukyan compete in a UFC main event for the first time.
Gamrot (20-1, 1NC) and Tsarukyan (18-2) will headline the UFC’s Fight Night event on June 25, Cageside Press confirmed. Eurosport was the first to report the fight’s main event status, which both fighters later confirmed on social media.
To be fair, it’s hard to even call Gamrot a prospect at this point. A proven talent and a former two-time KSW champion, the Polish fighter’s only setback came in his UFC debut, where he lost a close split decision to Guram Kutateladze. The fight received the Fight of the Night award. Since that October 2020 setback, Gamrot has won three straight fights, finishing off Scott Holtzman, Jeremy Stephens and Carlos Diego Ferreira.
Tsarukyan has won five straight under the UFC banner and, like Gamrot, hasn’t lost since his promotional debut. He just finished back-to-back wins, and that one loss? He came against Islam Makhachev.
Although not officially announced by the promotion, the June 25, 2022 UFC Fight Night event is scheduled to be held at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following fights have been reported for the map:
- Arman Tsarukyan vs Mateusz Gamrot
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Vanessa Demopoulos
- Tim Elliott vs. Amir Albazi
- Josh Parisien vs. Alan Baudot
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Chris Curtis
- Neil Magny vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Tyson Nam vs. Tagir Ulanbekov
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sergey Morozov
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs Nate Maness
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Tafon Nchukwi