Nate Diaz responds to Dana White, refutes latest comments: ‘I haven’t been offered a fight’

0

Nate Diaz was quick to respond to UFC President Dana White.

After Saturday’s UFC Long Island event, White spoke to reporters backstage and was asked about Diaz’s in-depth interview on MMA hour earlier this week, in which the Stockton native gave his side of the story in regards to his negotiations with the promotion.

Diaz has been sidelined since his last appearance over a year ago at UFC 263 and said he felt like the UFC was “holding me hostage” with one fight remaining on his agreement. Diaz added that the two fights that mean the most to him are with current heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou and middleweight champion Israel Adesanya.

“When doesn’t Nate Diaz say something crazy?” White said at the UFC Long Island post-fight press conference. “I’ve said it a million times and I’ll say it again – we can’t hold guys hostage. It’s not possible.

“I owe you three fights a year. If I don’t fight you three times a year, I have to pay you. How could I hold him hostage?

Hours later, Diaz took to social media to respond to White.

“Dana said Francis Ngannou was injured and he couldn’t fight right now,” Diaz said. [I don’t know] why he was so confused in [the] interview. And in the last nine months [I’ve] I was offered zero fights and asked for five legitimate opponents.

“Thank you for those kind words. Can I leave now?”

Ariel Helwani reported Saturday night that Diaz has yet to be officially offered a fight in 2022.

Diaz was defeated by Leon Edwards via unanimous decision in a five-round bout in June 2021, but the big talking point of the fight came in the final round, where Diaz hurt the next heavyweight title challenger. welterweight and nearly finished it before the final horn sounded.



Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.