Shane Burgos’ debut with the PFL will have to wait until next year.
Burgos, who signed with the PFL earlier this year, pulled out of his fight against fellow former UFC standout Marlon Moraes, which was scheduled to take place on Nov. 25 at the 2022 PFL Championships event. A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed the withdrawal with MMA Junkie following an initial report of Ariel Helwani.
The promotion are on the hunt for a replacement in hopes of keeping Moraes on the card on his debut.
Burgos (15-3 MMA, 0-0 PFL) ended his contract with the UFC on July 16 when he defeated Charles Jourdain by majority decision on the UFC main card on ABC 3. The win placed the The 31-year-old is on a two-fight winning streak after losing two in a row to Josh Emmett and Edson Barboza in Fight of the Night bouts.
Meanwhile, former World Series of Fighting champion Moraes (23-10-1 MMA, 0-0 PFL) is on a four-fight losing streak that marked the end of his UFC career. The Brazilian last recorded a win in December 2019 when he edged Jose Aldo in a split decision at UFC 245.
- Kayla Harrison vs. Larissa Pacheco – for the Women’s Lightweight Championship
- Bubba Jenkins vs. Brendan Loughnane – for the Featherweight Championship
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Stevie Ray – for the lightweight championship
- Sadibou Sy vs. Dilano Taylor – for the Welterweight Championship
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Rob Wilkinson – for the Light Heavyweight Championship
- Ante Delija vs. Matheus Scheffel – for the heavyweight championship
- Shane Burgos vs. Marlon Moraes
- Biaggio Ali Walsh vs his TBA opponent
For more on the card, visit MMA Junkie’s Event Center for the 2022 PFL Championships.