Tanner Boser vs. Rodrigo Nascimento in preparation for UFC event on September 17

0

The UFC is once again pairing heavyweights Tanner Boser and Rodrigo Nascimento against each other, as multiple people with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting that the matchup is in preparation for the Sept. 17 UFC event.

Contracts have yet to be issues, but both fighters have verbally agreed to the bout, MMA Fighting has learned. The UFC has yet to officially announce the location of the event.

Boser and Nascimento were originally scheduled to meet in April, but ‘Ze Colmeia’ pulled out due to injury. Alexandr Romanov came on as a substitute before ‘The Bulldozer’ pulled out days before the event due to injury.

Boser (20-8-1) last fought 12 months ago, knocking out Ovince St. Preux to snap a two-fight losing skid to Andrei Arlovski and Ilir Latifi. Two of Boser’s four UFC wins have come against Brazilian opponents, TKO finishes over Philipe Lins and Raphael Pessoa.

Nascimento (8-1, 1 uncontested) finished Alan Baudot in his last fight in July 2021, but the win was overturned to a no contest after he tested positive for ritalinic acid, a metabolite of the banned stimulant , methylphenidate. Nascimento told Combate earlier this year that he received a retroactive therapeutic use exemption (TUE) and still hopes to recoup his win.

Mike Heck contributed to this report.


Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.