‘The only thing I can conclude is that he’s scared’: Hasim Rahman Jr hits back at Jake Paul

0

‘The only thing I can conclude is he’s scared’: Hasim Rahman Jr hits back at Jake Paul after their Aug. 6 main event was canceled when he was UNABLE to meet the contractual weight limit 200 pounds

Hasim Rahman Jr has hit back at Jake Paul after the latter announced that their August 6 clash had been called off because the former was unable to meet the agreed weight limit of 200 pounds.

In a statement posted to social media, Paul’s promotions team, Most Valuable Promotions, said they could not work with someone who was behaving in “such a deceptive and calculated way”.

The release further announced that following the cancellation of Saturday’s main event, the entire card at Madison Square Garden will no longer take place.

Jake Paul (left) and Hasim Rahman Jr were scheduled to fight on August 6

Rahman Jr responded to the fight cancellation saying:

Rahman Jr responded to the fight cancellation saying: “It’s clear they don’t want to fight”

Immediately after the cancellation, the 25-year-old was quick to disparage Rahman Jr for agreeing to fight him at the 200-pound cruising weight limit.

“These boxers are the hardest people to work with and continually lack the professionalism and confidence to fight me. I apologize to all the other fighters on the card, our partners, our team and the fans. Paul wrote on Twitter.

Rahman Jr responded to the news of the cancellation on social media, saying that although he informed Paul that he would not be able to make the contracted weight, it was Paul who pulled out of the fight. .

“I signed the contract to gain 200 pounds in the three and a half weeks I was supposed to, but I couldn’t do it. My body just wouldn’t let me go down to 200 pounds,” he said.

Paul took to Twitter to vent his frustrations after his fight with Rahman Jr was canceled

Paul took to Twitter to vent his frustrations after his fight with Rahman Jr was canceled

‘I said to this man, keep the purse. I will fight you for the minimum of $5000. That’s how much faith I had in knocking him out. I would have beaten that man with one hand.

“It’s clearly them who don’t want to fight. I never said I didn’t want this fight. The only thing I can conclude is that they are scared. Rahman Jr added.

Rahman Jr further claimed that Paul was given the option to fight his sparring partner, 10-0 heavyweight Muhsin Cason, but ultimately opted to cancel the event in its entirety.

UFC President Dana White weighed in on the controversy on Saturday night, hinting that he believes the event’s cancellation was actually due to low ticket sales.

UFC President Dana White has long been embroiled in a public feud with Jake Paul

UFC President Dana White has long been embroiled in a public feud with Jake Paul

Speaking to reporters after Saturday’s UFC 277 pay-per-view, White said:

“I think they sold less than a million dollars worth of tickets and it cost $500,000 to turn on the fucking lights at MSG.”

‘That’s what I think. Not to mention hotel rooms in New York and expensive transportation.

FULL STATEMENT OF JAKE PAUL’S MOST VALUABLE PROMOTIONS

A statement from Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions read, “On July 5, Hasim Rahman, Jr. signed a fight deal to fight Jake Paul on August 6 at Madison Square Garden at a max weight of 200 pounds.

“At the time of signing, Rahman provided evidence of his weight to reassure Most Valuable Promotions and the New York State Athletic Commission that he would lose no more than 10% of his weight at the four weeks leading up to the fight.Since weighing in at 216 pounds on July 7, Rahman and his camp have publicly and privately assured that he is on track to gain weight at the August 5 weigh-in, going as far as to provide a signed letter from a recognized nutritionist that his weight loss was progressing smoothly according to the weekly weight checks required by the New York State Athletic Commission.

“Over the past 48 hours, it has become clear that these assurances were not made in good faith.

“On Friday, Rahman submitted a weight check to the New York State Athletic Commission which showed he had lost less than a pound since initially signing to fight 24 days prior.

“This prompted the Commission to declare that they would not sanction the fight under 205 pounds. Still, Jake Paul was ready to continue the fight at this new weight and a new contract was sent to Rahman’s promoter reflecting a weight of 205 pounds. limit, imposing stiff penalties if he fails to make weight.

“After receiving this new contract on Saturday morning, Rahman’s camp indicated for the very first time that he plans to weigh 215 pounds. at the official weigh-in and would not agree to weigh in at 205 pounds and inform Most Valuable Promotions that they are pulling out of the fight unless the fight is agreed to at 215 pounds.

“MVP and Jake Paul will not reward someone who has conducted themselves in such a deceptive and calculated manner.

“Therefore, MVP has no choice but to cancel the August 6 event. This forced outcome impacts Jake Paul, Amanda Serrano and all other fighters on this card who have been training tirelessly at the months for this event. The boxing community must hold Hasim Rahman Jr. accountable for his lack of professionalism.

“There has been endless work, time and money to build this event and we want to thank our team, Showtime, Madison Square Garden, Holden Boxing and all of our partners for their continued support. Above all, we want to thank our fans for their commitment to the athletes and the sport of boxing.

Advertising


Source link

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.