Now it’s the coaches’ turn. Lightweight Alexander Volkanovski and Brian ortega were the coaches of the last series of Ultimate fighter, the reality show that follows MMA contestants as they vie for a six-figure contract.
But on September 25, it will be their turn to enter the octagon. Volkanovski, the current featherweight champion, hasn’t lost a fight in eight years, racking up 19 consecutive wins.
And Ortega has only one loss himself, stopping a doctor during a fight with Max Holloway in 2018.
Thus, the main event at UFC 266 Saturday in Las Vegas should be good. But the whole 14 fights card is action packed.
Pennsylvania Sportsbook has filled in their offers for the event. Let’s take a quick look at the odds of getting ready for battle.
UP TO $ 1,050 FREE
New User Bonus. General conditions apply.
National Football Special
Bet $ 1, get $ 200 instantly
$ 50 free bet on deposit
Up to $ 1,000 deposit bonus
Claim: Click Play Now
$ 1,000 risk-free bet
$ 10 Free Weekly Bet
Use bonus code: GAME BONUS
Up to $ 1,000 in Casino + credit
Bet $ 5, win $ 200 in cash or
Risk-free sports betting up to $ 1,000
Claim: Click Play Now
$ 250 bonus
100% match on first deposit
100% deposit bonus up to $ 250
ONLY 1x Play Through!
Use the exclusive bonus code: PLAY250
UFC 266 Volkanovski v Ortega
The fighters were supposed to meet at UFC 260 in March, but that fight has been postponed due to COVID protocols. BBeyond the money line, bets are also available on method of victory, round props, time props, and end of fight.
(Ratings via DraftKings Sportsbook)
- Volkanovski (-170) / Ortega (+150)
- Over 4.5 (-140) / Under 4.5 (+110)
- Volkanovski winner by KO / TKO / DQ (+330)
- Ortega to win by KO / TKO / DQ (+700)
- Volkanovski wins by submission (+1300)
- Ortega to be won by submission (+400)
- Volkanovski to win by decision (+120)
- Ortega to win by decision (+500)
- Prize draw (+5000)
UFC 266 Fight Card
In the Women’s Flyweight title match, victory machine Valentina Shevchenko (21-3) is a big favorite (-1500) to continue its domination.
In the welterweight division, Nick Diaz (-110) returns to the Octagon for the first time in six years. And he faces Robbie Lawler, whom he defeated by KO / TKO 17 years ago.
And in the heavyweight division, Curtis Blaydes (14-3; 10 KO / TKO) and Jairzinho Rosemstruik (12-2, 11 KO / TKO) bring tons of power into the Octagon. Blades is -310.
Philly native Daukaus favored in heavyweight fight at UFC 266
Philadelphia Police Officer Chris Daukaus will also fight in one of the preliminary fights. Daukaus, who grew up in northeast Philadelphia, has a brother Kyle who is also a UFC fighter. Daukaus (-200) faces Shamil Abdurakhimov in his heavyweight fight.
The remaining fights, as well as their odds at DraftKings, are as follows:
- Jessica Andrade (-280) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (+225)
- Merab Dvalishvili (-235) vs. Marlon Moraes (+190)
- Dan Hooker (-170) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (+150)
- Shamil Abdurakhimov (+160) vs. Chris Daukaus (-190)
- Roxanne Modafferi (+280) vs. Talia Santos (-365)
- Manon Fiorot (-260) against Mayra Bueno Silva (+210)
- Uros Medic (-115) vs. Jalin Turner (-105)
- Karl Roberson (-125) vs. Nick Maximov (+105)
- Matthew Semelsberger (-410) vs. Martin Sano (+310)
- Jonathan Pearce (+130) vs. Omar Morales (-150)
DraftKings and FanDuel are also expected to feature huge daily fantasy contests for UFC 266.
Where to watch UFC 266 in PA
UFC 266 trailer released last month and is available here. The UFC presents it as “Two Title Fights. And Two Legends Return” (Diaz and Lawler). It is also the event in which reality TV drama collides with pay-per-view action.
Sports betting showing UFC 266:
- Casino des Prairies: Sports betting will show all fights including the first preliminaries, preliminaries and the five main card fights. Viewers will also have easy access to sports betting windows and betting kiosks.
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh: Sun loungers and tables are free and first come, first served. Kiosks are also available and range from $ 200 to $ 300.
Main photo of Alexander Volkanovski by John Locher / AP