The grudge match between Drakkar Klose and Mark Madsen will not happen at UFC Fight Night 213 – or anytime for the foreseeable future, for that matter.
Previously scheduled for the October 29 event in Las Vegas, the fight will no longer take place. The fight was canceled after Klose (13-2-1 MMA, 7-2 UFC) suffered a torn ACL in training, two people with knowledge of the injury told MMA Junkie recently. Whether or not Madsen (12-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will remain on the card is yet to be determined.
Neither Madsen nor Klose have commented publicly since the cancellation.
There was bad blood and grudges behind the game. Klose called it up after an April win over Brandon Jenkins due to Madsen’s ties to his former coaching staff.
“If they want, we can line up all their coaches against my coaches and we can have a big royal rumble that night,” Klose said.
With this change, the UFC Fight Night 213 lineup includes:
- Arnold Allen vs. Calvin Kattar
- Max Griffin vs. Tim Means
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Dustin Jacoby vs Khalil Rountree
- Roman Dolidze vs. Phil Hawes
- Steve Garcia vs. Chase Hooper
- Joseph Holmes vs. Jun Yong Park
- Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Garrett Armfield vs. Christian Rodriguez
- Josh Fremd vs. Tresean Gore
- Cody Durden vs. Kleydson Rodrigues
- Mark Madsen vs. TBA