News of Anderson Silva’s next fight is expected to arrive at some point over the next few months. While we wait, let’s take a look at several opponent options that could be on the horizon for the UFC middleweight icon.
Who will Anderson Silva’s next fight be against?
With Anderson Silva firmly entrenched in his boxing career, after another impressive performance in his exhibition against Bruno Machado, the ring is where he will be for his next fight. Not the cage. With that in mind, fights against Jake Paul, Logan Paul, or Roy Jones, Jr. are strong possibilities.
- Problem child: While Paul is pushing for a fight with former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping, the fight many fans want to see is against Silva. The Brazilian would surely be a threat, but at 46 and with a few decades of MMA wear on his body, it’s a solid booking for the 5-0 boxer.
- The Other Paul: In 2021, there were rumors of a possible match between Silva and Logan Paul. If the MMA legend can’t fight his more talented little brother, maybe the match with the big brother should be done?
- The Caption: Silva wanted to fight with Jones, Jr. since he was UFC champion. Although he apparently gave up on that dream, this may be the moment when it really happens.
Related: UFC Tonight – Fight Card, Betting Odds & Watch Times For Latest Octagon Event
Anderson Silva vs Bruno Machado recap
Predictably, due to Silva’s height and advantages, UAE Warriors lightweight champion Bruno Machado was no match for the “Spider” on May 21 at the Etihad. Abu Dhabi Arena.
What happened: During their eight-round exhibition bout, Silva manhandled the smaller man and sent him through the fight. The highlight came in the sixth round when the 46-year-old threw a wild flurry and a big right hook that floored his opponent at the bell.
The consequences: This was not a booking for competition purposes, but rather a spectacle for area fans featuring two of the best combat athletes of the past 20 years at Silva, and event headliner Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
The roadmap : The fringe world of boxing is Silva’s oyster and his talent and name value should earn him a fun fall with another popular fighting game brand in the fall.
What makes Anderson Silva so popular?
The spiderweb : In his prime, Anderson Silva was a truly special mixed martial artist. He was a competitor who had a legit aura akin to Mike Tyson in his heyday. Silva was a talent that beat some of his opponents before they even reached the cage. He was also a fighter who defied age for a long time and was a pound-for-pound talent well into his thirties.
- Record of Anderson Silva (MMA): 34-11 (23 KOs, 3 submissions)
- Anderson Silva boxing record: 2-0 (1 KO)
- Anderson Silva’s age: 47 years
- Long before competing in the UFC, Silva made a name for himself in old school MMA organizations like Pride FC, Cage Rage, Shooto and Rumble on the Rock.
- Silva became the UFC middleweight champion in his second fight in the Octagon
- Silva has defended the 185-pound title a record 11 times in a row
- During his unbeaten run in the UFC from 2006 to 2012, the Brazilian beat elite fighters and former world champions Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin, Demian Maia, Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort and Forrest Griffin.
- After dominating the sport as one of its pound-for-pound bests for six years, he would go 1-7-1 in his next nine UFC bouts. With two premature end of serious leg injuries
- Silva began his boxing career in 2021 by defeating former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. by split decision.
- In September 2021, the legend defeated another former UFC great, Tito Ortiz, by first-round knockout to earn his second pro boxing victory.
- Anderson Silva’s sons Kalyl and Gabriel are progressing to become professional Muay Thai and kickboxing fighters.
Anderson Silva net worth
Money is often one of the greatest measuring sticks for a fighter’s success. In 2022, Silva’s net worth would be $8 million.